This workbook is designed to help your students write their own and analyze popular stories, following the basic stages of the Hero's Journey. The Hero's Journey is an exciting story pattern that several popular novels and films follow, examples of which are given throughout the workbook. It is editable and black and white, so you can make it exactly what you want, and save on ink! :)
To help students create their own stories and help students analyze story structure in popular films/novels.
1. Cover Page
2. The Call/Getting to know your Main Character
3. Showing (Not Telling) Characteristics Chart
4. A Closer Look at Character and Setting
5. The Partner
6. The Antagonist
7. The Guide
8. Setting Helper Chart
- Helps students include sensory details when describing their setting
9. Three Main Scenes/Struggles
10. The Return/Second Door
11. The Final Battle/Wrap Up
12. General Character Sheet
13. The Storyboard
- Chart that helps students see their whole story plot at once. This can also be used for a fun homework assignment where students fill out the chart to analyze the hero's journey in a film/book.
14. One Sheet Hero's Journey
-The entire Hero's Journey summed up in one worksheet. This is a fun homework assignment. Have students watch a movie and analyze the parts of the hero's journey in that movie.
15. Examples of the Hero's Journey (Characters)
16. Examples of the Hero's Journey (Plot)
17. Examples of the Hero's Journey (Plot, continuation)
• Worksheets are either structured by asking questions (how does the main character do _____?) or in a chart format.
• The questions are designed to be useful and to engage the student into deeper thinking about their characters and plot, rather than encouraging them to list random facts about their characters and story.
• Word Document of Workbook
• PDF of Workbook
Both the PDF and the Word Document contain the same thing.
This entire workbook is in black and white! You can preview the entire worksheet by clicking on the preview button. Please let me know if you have any questions!
Thank you for rating and reviewing! Write on! :)
Looking for more writing products? Here are two I'm particularly proud of:
Fill in the Blank with Classic Novels
Adventure Writing Prompts