This is a packet on the history of Halloween! It includes activities targeted for ages Kindergarten through 5th grade, but may be modified to include additional grades as well. It includes:
Halloween History: Read the short passage to your students to teach them about the history behind this spooky holiday.
• The History of Halloween: Read the passage to your students to teach
them about the history behind this holiday.
• Comprehension Questions: See what your students remember by asking
them comprehension questions about the passage.
• Halloween Symbols: Match up the common symbols in a matching game, or
use them to learn new vocabulary!
• Halloween Bingo: Practice Halloween vocabulary or inferencing with this
• Compare & Contrast Venn Diagrams: Compare Halloween with other
holidays and more. A blank Venn Diagram is also included.
• 5 Writing Pages: Work on writing with these writing prompts and illustrated
blank writing page.
• Description Webs: Describe Halloween Symbols
• Adaptable Speech Sound Worksheets: Carry over your history lesson into
speech…perfect for take-home practice! Also good for write-the-room
and sight words1
• Color-the-Candy Corn Reinforcer Page: Have the students color or
cover the candy corn when they say their words correctly or answering
• Coloring Page: Color for reinforcement, following directions, etc.
• Two Circle Reinforcer Pages: Have the students color or cover the dots
when they say their words correctly or answer questions.
• Open-ended board game: Play as a reinforcer or just for fun!
Be sure to check out other "Holiday History" packets in this series!
Thank you so much for your support! Feedback is greatly appreciated. For additional ideas and resources, please visit: http://whitneyslp.blogspot.com and www.facebook.com/Whitneyslp
As with all other items in my store, this item is copyrighted by Whitney Smith, M.Ed. CCC-SLP. Purchase of this item entitles you to use this product in your own classroom/therapy room with your students only. Copying for other professionals, sharing the file directly on the internet, or sharing or re-selling of this item is strictly prohibited. Please direct other interested parties back to the original source or purchase a multi-user license. Thank you for helping to maintain the integrity and well-being of TPT and its hardworking teacher-authors.