This comprehension packet targets the history of Valentine's Day. It includes activities for elementary grades, but activities can be modified for other grade levels as well. This packet includes:
• The History of Valentine’s Day: Read the passage to your students to teach
them about the history behind this holiday.
• Comprehension Questions: See what your students remember by asking them
comprehension questions about the passage. Available with and without
multiple choice options!
• Valentine’s Day Vocabulary Picture Cards: Match up the vocabulary cards and
words in a matching game, or use them to learn new vocabulary!
• Prepositional mat and 2 pages of pictures to work on prepositions or following
• Valentine’s Day BINGO: Play to learn new vocabulary, as a reinforcer, and more!
• Compare & Contrast Venn Diagrams: Compare Valentine’s Day with other
holidays, as well as Valentine’s Day vocabulary. A blank diagram is also included.
• Describing pages: Describe Valentine’s Day vocabulary. A blank page is also
• Writing Pages: Work on writing with these writing prompts and a blank
illustratable writing page.
• Adaptable Speech Sound Worksheets: Carry over your history lesson into
speech…perfect for take-home practice!
• Circle Reinforcer Pages: Have the students color or cover the dots as they
say words or answer questions
• Open-ended board game: Use for reinforcement and fun!
This activity is part of a Holiday History series I am working on. Be sure to check out the 4th of July History Packet, and check back soon for other holidays including Halloween, Thanksgiving, and Christmas!
Thank you so much for your support! Feedback is greatly appreciated. For additional ideas and resources, please visit:
As with all other items in my store, this item is copyrighted by Whitney Smith, M.Ed. CCC-SLP. Purchase of this item entitles you to use this product in your own classroom/therapy room with your students only. Copying for other professionals, sharing the file directly on the internet, or sharing or re-selling of this item is strictly prohibited. Please direct other interested parties back to the original source or purchase a multi-user license. Thank you for helping to maintain the integrity and well-being of TPT and its hardworking teacher-authors.