This packet is great for teaching your students about the history of Veterans, Memorial, Patriot, and Armed Forces Days, as well as the different branches of the US military. It includes:
• Summary of Memorial, Veterans, Patriot, and Armed Forces Days: Read the passage to
your students to teach them about the reasons why we celebrate these holidays.
• Comprehension Questions: See what your students remember by asking them
comprehension questions about the passage.
• American Symbols: Pictures of American symbols to teach your students
• Military Bingo: Practice vocabulary and visual/auditory recognition with a fun game!
• Branches of the Military Passages: Pictures and short bio’s about 5 different branches
of our military.
• Branches of the Military Comprehension Questions: See what your students remember
about the different branches of the military.
• Compare & Contrast Venn Diagrams: Compare and contrast the different holidays and
branches of the military. A blank Venn Diagram is also included.
• 5 Writing Pages: Work on writing with these writing prompts and illustratable blank writing
• Compare/Contrast Venn Diagrams: Compare different patriotic holidays and branches of
• Description Webs: Describe different branches of the military or patriotic symbols
• Is That a Fact? Worksheet: Have your students write 3 facts they learned and 3 opinions.
• Adaptable Speech Sound Worksheets: Carry over your history lesson into
speech…perfect for take-home practice! Also good for write-the-room and sight words!
• Dot Reinforcer pages-Have the students color or cover a dot for each answer they get
correct, or each speech word they say correctly.
• Color the Stars Reinforcement Page: For every sound they practice or question they
answer, color a star! (50 stars in all!)
• Coloring Page: Draw and Color the United States Flag!
• Patriotic Songs Posters: 12 posters for common patriotic songs and sayings
• Letters to the Military Templates: 7 templates for writing letters to soldiers
• Open-ended board game: Because what is speech without a game involved?!?!
Thank you so much for your support! Feedback is greatly appreciated. For additional ideas and resources, please visit:
As with all other items in my store, this item is copyrighted by Whitney Smith, M.Ed. CCC-SLP. Purchase of this item entitles you to use this product in your own classroom/therapy room with your students only. Copying for other professionals, sharing the file directly on the internet, or sharing or re-selling of this item is strictly prohibited. Please direct other interested parties back to the original source or purchase a multi-user license. Thank you for helping to maintain the integrity and well-being of TPT and its hardworking teacher-authors.