This download includes a passage on the history of Easter symbols such as the Easter Bunny, Easter eggs, Easter basket, and Easter candy. This Holiday History packet is great for celebrating the holiday while learning about the history and practicing comprehension skills, comparing and contrasting, and even speech. The packet includes:
• The History of Easter Symbols: Read the passage to your students to
teach them about the history behind this holiday.
• Comprehension Questions: See what your students remember by
asking them comprehension questions about the passage.
• Easter Symbols: Match up the common symbols in a matching game, or
use them to learn new vocabulary!
• Easter Bingo: Practice Easter vocabulary or inferencing with this
• Compare & Contrast Venn Diagrams: Compare Easter with other
holidays. A blank Venn Diagram is also included.
• 5 Writing Pages: Work on writing with these writing prompts and
illustrated blank writing page.
• Description Webs: Describe Easter Symbols
• Adaptable Speech Sound Worksheets: Carry over your history
lesson into speech…perfect for take-home practice! Also good for
write-the-room and sight words
• Color-the-Egg Reinforcer Page: Have the students color or cover the
eggs when they say their words correctly or answer questions.
• Coloring Pages: Color for reinforcement, following directions, etc.
• Circle Reinforcer Pages: Have the students color or cover the
dots when they say their words correctly or answer questions.
• Open-ended board game: Because what is speech without a game
***Keep an eye out for the Religous Edition of the History of Easter coming soon!***
Thank you so much for your support! Feedback is greatly appreciated. For additional ideas and resources, please visit:
As with all other items in my store, this item is copyrighted by Whitney Smith, M.Ed. CCC-SLP. Purchase of this item entitles you to use this product in your own classroom/therapy room with your students only. Copying for other professionals, sharing the file directly on the internet, or sharing or re-selling of this item is strictly prohibited. Please direct other interested parties back to the original source or purchase a multi-user license. Thank you for helping to maintain the integrity and well-being of TPT and its hardworking teacher-authors.