“The Hitchhiker” by Lucille Fletcher is a great radio play that can be used to teach a multitude of literary elements and skills! The resources in this product cover ALL the Common Core Standards for Literature! The Products also cover Writing Standards 1-3!
Besides resources for “The Hitchhiker” radio play TEXT by Fletcher, you also receive materials to utilize for the actual broadcast, The Twilight Zone, another media version of the play, AND a poem by Emily Dickinson!
Check out the preview to get a better look at all of the materials included (some may be a bit blurry in preview due to being compressed to fit size requirement, but the original documents are clear!)
2 different PowerPoints are also included to teach parallel episodes AND 6 Word Memoirs!
A 14 Page Teacher Guide is also included to give you ideas for using all of the resources.
* Police Accident Report
* Ronald Adams Observation Journal
* Who is the Hitchhiker? Clue Sheet and Argumentative Writing Task
* Bumper Sticker Task (also RL.3)
* Character Facebook Status (also RL.3)
* Summary Organizer, writing task, and rubric
* Theme Organizer and Rubric
* Twitter Tweet Summary Sheet
* Twitter Tweet as Ronald Sheet
* 6 Word memoirs Organizer & Writing Task
* 6 Word Memoirs Introduction PowerPoint-
* Ronald Adams Character Snapshot (5 pages)
* Conflict Organizer and Rubric
* Key Events Mini-Book Foldable
* Parallel Episodes Graphic Organizer and Writing Task
* 20 Slide Parallel Episodes Presentation
* Ronald Adams Road Trip Play list task
* Context Clues Organizer
* Figurative Language Organizer and Rubric
* Foreshadowing iPad Organizer
* Mood and Suspense Organizer and Rubric
* Setting Graphic Organizer
* Unreliable Narrator Organizer
* Link to audio version of original broadcast of the Radio Play with Orson Welles
* Reading vs. Listening to Audio Compare/Contrast Organizers and questions
* Link to Free Internet Version of Twilight Zone Episode
* Compare and Contrast radio play to Twilight Zone Movie
* Comprehension Questions to compare radio play to Twilight Zone with Answer Key
* Link to purchase a digital (cartoon-like) version of The Hitchhiker.
* Questions for digital version of The Hitchhiker.
* Emily Dickinson’s “Because I Could Not Stop for Death” Text
* “I Could Not Stop for Death” Close Reading Organizer with 4 tasks
* Comparing poem and radio play chart organizer and writing task
* Claims organizer with rubric and argumentative writing task (W.1)
* Ronald Adams Character Analysis and Rubric (W.2)
* Newspaper Writing Task, Pre-writing Organizer, and optional Template. (W.2)
* Narrative Ending Writing Task, Organizer, and Rubric (W.3)
* Ronald Adams Journal Writing Task and Rubric (W.3)
*50 Text-Dependent Questions with Answer Key
Thank you for checking out my product! Please feel free to ask any questions before purchase!
Be sure to check out my Suspense Materials! The perfect companion to teaching "The Hitchhiker."
Suspense Resource Bundle-PowerPoint, Guided Practice, Notes, 30 Practice Examples