This resource offers four culminating project options once students finish reading The Hobbit. In addition, comprehensive rubrics for each project are offered.
Objectives of projects include (but are not limited to) the following:
1. Demonstrate an understanding of characterization
2. Demonstrate an understanding of dynamic character
3. Demonstrate an ability to discern key evidence in support of ideas
4. Demonstrate an understanding of setting and its influence on plot development
5. Demonstrate an ability to work efficiently in both independent and group contexts
If you prefer an even more comprehensive resource to make teaching The Hobbit more convenient, consider this mega bundle, which includes a reading guide, an introductory PowerPoint, a set of 10 comprehension quizzes, a unit test, answer keys, and more.