The following worksheet is a comprehensive, 3-day (75 minute periods) multimedia lesson on the Holocaust. The worksheet traces the Holocaust from its beginnings of Anti-Semitic propaganda to the racist Nuremberg Laws, Kristallnacht, the specific steps taken by the Nazis, and the Nuremberg Trials. The worksheet provides a variety of activities specifically designed to actively engage students. The following activities are included in this worksheet:
• Do now that connects previous knowledge to current lesson
• Propaganda analysis and critical thinking questions that follow
• Primary and secondary source analysis (Nuremberg Laws, and Kristallnacht respectively) along with a variety of thought-provoking questions perfect for full class discussion.
• Questions that go along with movie clips (not included with this worksheet) that serve to bring these events to life (Schindler’s List, The Pianist, The War by Ken Burns).
• “Never Again” song comparison (songs not included) with questions that follow.
• Blame assessment activity
Any visuals referenced in this worksheet can be found on the PowerPoint presentation linked below and available for purchase. Feel free to contact me if you have any questions. Please take a moment to rate this worksheet. Thanks!
I also offer the PowerPoint presentation separately...
The Holocaust PowerPoint - Global/World History
...and the worksheet and PowerPoint bundled together...
The Holocaust - Worksheet and PowerPoint - Global/World History Common Core
...or bundled with an expanded bundle of World War II worksheets...
Bundle #6 - Expanded World War II - Global/World History Common Core