The following worksheet and PowerPoint are a comprehensive, 3-day (75 minute periods) multimedia lesson on the Holocaust. Save $1.00 if you purchase this bundle instead of both the worksheet and the PowerPoint separately.
The worksheet traces the Holocaust from its beginnings of Anti-Semitic propaganda to the racist Nuremberg Laws, Kristallnacht, the specific steps taken by the Nazis, and the Nuremberg Trials. The worksheet provides a variety of activities specifically designed to actively engage students.
The following activities are included in this worksheet:
• Do now that connects previous knowledge to current lesson
• Propaganda analysis and critical thinking questions that follow
• Primary and secondary source analysis (Nuremberg Laws, and Kristallnacht respectively) along with a variety of thought-provoking questions perfect for full class discussion.
• Questions that go along with movie clips (not included with this worksheet) that serve to bring these events to life (Schindler’s List, The Pianist, The War by Ken Burns).
• “Never Again” song comparison (songs not included) with questions that follow.
• Blame assessment activity
NEW! Answer key included!
NEW! Nuremberg Trials Reading with Questions included!
The PowerPoint includes:
• 28 total slides
• Aim question
• Numerous primary source photographs of the Holocaust
• Numerous maps and charts that breathe life into this event.
This lesson can be easily modified to fit a longer or shorter class period since it was developed on a Word Document. Feel free to contact me with any questions you might have. Please follow me to receive notifications when new products are uploaded. Finally, please take a moment to rate this worksheet! Thanks!
I also offer the worksheet...
The Holocaust - Global/World History Common Core
...and the PowerPoint separately...
The Holocaust PowerPoint - Global/World History
Please view The Holocaust worksheet page to see the Common Core standards met by this lesson.