Did you know that your nose can make around a 1 litre of snot a day? Or how about the fact that the hair you can see on your head is actually dead?
If you want to explore more interesting facts about the Human Body then grab this pack that contains a series of literacy activities based on texts and images adapted from the “How the Body Works” website. The material is aimed at students in Stage 2 and 3 (years 3-6) studying the human body.
Learning activities include:
• Comprehension activities
• Spelling words & activities
• Links to labeling activities
exploring the following topics:
• The Nose & Mucus: What’s a booger?
• Kidneys: The kidneys
• Teeth: What’s in a Cavity?
• The Eyes: Tell me about tears.
• The Heart: Let’s get to the heart of the matter.
• Nails: What’s wrong with biting my nails?
• Hair: A hair raising experience!
• Burping: I beg your pardon!
• The Ear: Excuse me, could you speak up?
• The Tongue and taste buds: Mum, I don’t like Brussels sprouts!
These Literacy based learning activities aim to provide students with information in relation to certain body systems, but offer an opportunity to learn new and fun information about their body and the quirky things it can do and why!