Students will learn about the usefulness of plants and animals to humans; consider the positive and negative impacts of human interactions on natural habitats.
- determine different ways that humans make use of plants and their parts
- determine different ways that humans make use of animals and their parts
- identify ways humans positively and negatively impact natural habitats and communities
- determine a local natural area in need of improvement, describing its needs
- identify ways to improve a local natural habitat to attract more living things
Suggestions for differentiation are also included so that all students can be successful in the learning environment.