Also included in
- Human Body Systems - Lessons, Lab Stations, Readings, Projects, and Activities. Everything you need plus many engaging, no-prep, no materials needed activities. This package will help you overcome the endless hours of preparation required to present a unit on the human body systems in an engaging an$79.97$159.89Save $79.92
- Human Respiratory System - Fully editable and Complete 5E Lesson. Everything you need in a single package. This no-prep bundle follows the 5E model and provides step-by-step instructions on how to implement it in your classroom. Each included resource is either completely or almost completely self-c$14.97$26.97Save $12.00
- The Unit Package includes a complete lesson set for a Biology unit on Cells and Body Systems. In addition to the lessons, this bundle also comes with multiple readings, a test, quizzes, and a full day-by-day breakdown.Included in the package:5 weeks of teaching material9 Lessons - Each Lesson Contai$32.97$57.69Save $24.72
This fully editable Lab Station Activity on The Human Respiratory System and Photosynthesis is meant to get your students out of their seats and engaged in the content. Each station not only offers a unique opportunity to test your students' knowledge (offer an opinion, answer questions based on a video or reading, draw, etc.), but also provides a fantastic learning opportunity where your kids are learning through assessment. Each station comes with a description card while some also contain more detailed instructions, a reading, questions to answer, etc. Students are equipped with a recording sheet (passport) to write their answers. There is almost no prep for you. Simply print the cards, lay them out around the room and you're all set. An answer key is also provided where applicable.
- "Good resource. I especially like the technology component."
- "I edited the labs stations a bit but was a fantastic starting point! "
- "Great! Love the lab stations. Work well with students and they love moving to stations. Also, easy to set up on the fly. "
- "Simple but very effective. I liked the onus to learn being placed on the students."
***********This activity can also be found bundled at a significant discount in my The Human Respiratory System - Complete 5E Lesson Bundle. If you'd like to take a look, please CLICK HERE.
These station cards are meant to be used as a lab activity but can also be utilized in a review task before a test or a quiz. Used either way, your students will love it! I know mine do and I'm telling you from first-hand experience as I've used this activity in my own class,
This activity is a wonderful complement to myRespiratory System Lesson
This lab activity covers:
- The Respiratory System-Structures
- Gas Exchange
Bonus Activities: To ensure your students don’t have any downtime between stations, your lab also includes a 10-word word scramble and word search, both with an answer key. You can use them as part of their mark, as a bonus so it’s not mandatory, etc. However you choose to use it, it will ensure that your students are always busy and never idle. Note: For stronger classes, I give the word scramble and for weaker ones, the word search.
How do the Lab Stations work? Each station is specially designed to be a unique complement to the material while at the same time, provide a valuable learning experience. Below is an overview of how each station works. In your activity, each will be tailored to the specific content.
Station 1: Get Hands-On – using their creative skills, students are required to draw or build.
Station 2: Research – using a classroom computer or their own device, students must research a specific question/issue surrounding the topic.
Station 3: Explain yourself – students write down an opinion to a question in paragraph form.
Station 4: Rest Station - students can use this time to catch up on work they didn't have time to complete at a previous station or prepare themselves for an upcoming one.
Station 5 - Applicability reading – students read a short passage from an article, website, etc. which directly connects the classroom content to a real life application.
Station 6: Test your knowledge – students answer 5 multiple choice questions then provide a written explanation for how/why they came to their conclusions.
Station 7: Learn from the expert – using a classroom computer or their own device, students must watch a short video clip and answer the associated questions. They may stop, rewind and restart as often as they like during the time frame.
Station 8 - Rest Station.
Station 9: Become the question master – Students must create 2 multiple-choice questions, 2 true/false questions and 1 short answer question. Students must also supply the answers.
You might also be interested in my other lab station activities
Ecology and the Environment:
These station cards are meant to be used as a lab activity but can also be utilized in a review task before a test or a quiz. Used either way, your students will love it! I know mine do and I'm telling you from first-hand experience as I've used this activity in my own class.
Thank you for your interest in my products. If you have any questions, please send me an email - email@example.com