The Hundred Dresses by Eleanor Estes
50 Question Test (Multiple Choice Includes Key)
1 Power Point Quiz Game (With directions)
1.Workbook/Novel Study for The Hundred Dresses Newbery Honor Book
Please take a look at the preview file to see the product in detail and determine if this unit of study will meet the needs of your learners.
This book is rich in vocabulary and this unit of study reflects the rich vocabulary in the book. An "old maid" vocabulary card game is included to help students master the sometimes challenging vocabulary.
Included in this unit:
2 Pages of pre-reading questions and activities.
For each chapter:
2 pages of short answer questions with "think about it: questions. "Think about it" question can be used s=as journal responses or class discussion starters.
1-2 Pages of vocabulary work per chapter
1 Page of Grammar review per chapter
1 Page of Extension activities per chapter
Includes an *Old Maid* card game to review vocabulary words!
3 Bonus "design the dress" worksheets.
20 question true/false review
Fill in the blank vocabulary review
Grammar Review Worksheets Include:
2. Identifying Singular and Plural Nouns
3. Making Singular Nouns Plural
4. Making Singular Nouns Plural (Irregular)
5. Homophones (There, they're, their)
6. Homophones (Too, two, to)
Extension Activities (These are great for early finishers or students who might not be able to complete a traditional pen and paper assignment)
1. Gettysburg Address memorization
2. Create a comic strip of the chapter
3. Put to use: Idioms ("Daily Dozen")
4. Create a simple board game
5. Create a college of words to describe character emotion
6. Identify and compose similes
7. Conduct research on Winfield Scott
***Please note I have included 2 workbooks in the PDF. Workbooks are exactly the same except for the vocabulary work. While the amount of vocabulary words and the actual words are the same in each workbook, workbook B (shown in the preview file) includes less work with the vocabulary words. In workbook B students do not need to locate the vocabulary words in the book or the dictionary as that as been done for them.***