A series of questions for each chapter of Part II of The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collings. The key is included. Find a sample of Chapter 10 questions below.
1. How does Katniss react to Peeta's proclamation of love? (pg. 134)
2. What are star-crossed lovers? Do you know any other well-known star-crossed lovers? (pg. 135)
3. On page 135 Haymitch says "Who cares? It's all a big show. It's all how you're perceived." Basically he tells Katniss to play a role for the reality show. How does this connect with reality shows today?
4. Do you think it is a good idea for Katniss and Peeta to appear as star-crossed lovers? Why or why not?
5. What is ironic about Effie's statement "I wouldn't be at all surprised if I finally get promoted to a decent district next year" (pg. 138)?
6. What is Haymitch's advice to Katniss and Peeta? (pg138-39)?
7. What things does Katniss worry about as far as the arena goes? (139-40)
8. How does Peeta say he wants to die? What does this reveal about him? (141)
9. Who was Titus? What dominant theme from the novel does he further illustrate?