This is a pack for use alongside the story: The Hungry Caterpillar by Eric Carle.
Colourful semantics will help children to organise and make sense of the different parts of a sentence, therefore to understand the story and to create sentences about the story. You will need to print it using coloured ink as colour coding is the theme here.
Use this pack with children who need help to expand their sentence length (particularly to include more information in sentences), organise their sentence structure or understand the thematic roles in a sentence.
This pack includes:
- 4 x 'who' cards e.g. The caterpillar
- 12 x 'what doing cards' e.g. Eating
- 22 x 'what' cards e.g. A Cocoon
- 8 x 'when' cards e.g. the market
- 4 x describing word cards e.g. tiny
- 2 x sentence strips