The Immensity of the Universe - This lesson package includes the lesson (student and teacher versions of the presentation), THREE videos, and a student lesson handout as a document. The presentation is fun and applicable with THREE videos embedded into the slides and many opportunities for inquiry-based learning and discussion.
The minds-on inquiry activities are meant to break down student misconceptions and help guide them to the correct concepts.
- This lesson includes both Office and Google formats for ALL resources. The presentation is in PowerPoint and Google Slides while all documents contain Word and Google Doc versions.
- Your resource is perfect for distance learning and integrates seamlessly with Google Classroom as I've included a link that will automatically create a copy of the resources and put them directly into your Google Drive with one click.
- Purchase --> Open --> Click --> Assign to your students
Having both options allows you to use either without worrying about formatting issues as all the work has already been done for you. It safeguards you in case your department or school decides to go Google 100% and allows you as well as your students to access everything no matter where you are or what kind of equipment is being used.
Included in the lesson package is:
- Google and Office versions of each resource
- The teacher version of the presentation
- The student version of the presentation
- THREE videos embedded into the presentation
- Drake Equation practice problem
- Student lesson handout
In order, the lesson covers:
- Solar Systems
- The Andromeda Galaxy
- The Drake Equation
- Alien Inquiry
The student version of the presentation contains multiple blanks that need to be filled in throughout the lesson. These blanks are conveniently underlined and bolded on the teacher copy. I have found this to be the most effective means of keeping my students engaged and active without having them write everything out. This also leaves more time for discussion and activities.
This lesson can also be found within the Space Unit by clicking here.
I also have a range of assignments and lessons/units from other grade levels at my store. Please CLICK HERE to have a look around and don’t forget to follow if you like what you see.
Also, please visit my blog Teach With Fergy for my thoughts on teaching, learning and everything in between.