The following is a common core compliant lesson/worksheet on the impact of ancient Roman culture and civilization. This worksheet includes a variety of activities that promote class discussion and critical thinking skills.
Topics covered in this lesson include:
• Roman roads
• The Colosseum
• Gladiator fights
• Roman fine arts
• Architecture, engineering, and technology
• Roman system of Law – 12 Tables
The following activities are included:
• Do now that appropriately sets up the lesson
• Primary and secondary source readings with questions
• Link to video clip – Gladiator
• Roman Culture Hall of Fame activity – students create criteria for entry into the Hall of Fame, then after completing a reading, nominate one cultural achievement for hall of fame induction
• Contains several critical thinking questions
• Many opportunities for discussion.
This lesson/worksheet does have some similarities with other ancient Rome worksheets I offer, so please read the descriptions carefully before you buy.
Feel free to edit this product to meet your specific needs. Follow me to receive updates on newly uploaded products. Please take a moment to rate this product Thanks!