The Importance of Biodiversity. This lesson package includes the lesson (student and teacher versions of the Power Point), a Bill Nye video with worksheet and answer key and a student lesson handout as a word document. The PowerPoint is fun and applicable with FOUR videos embedded into the PowerPoint.
Included in the lesson package is:
- The teacher version of the Power Point
- The student version of the Power Point
- A Bill Nye video and worksheet (with key)
- FOUR videos embedded into the Power Point
- Student lesson handout
In order, the lesson covers:
- The need for biodiversity
- Vulnerable, Threatened, Extirpated, Endangered, and Extinct species
- Keystone species
- Species extinction and biodiversity
- Natural and human causes of extinction
✔ If you are interested in a really engaging and simply to use lab station activity to go along with your lesson, please CLICK HERE to learn more
✔ You might also be interested in my Biodiversity article which comes with comprehension questions and activities, please CLICK HERE to learn more
- "Loved this! Thank you!"
- "This lesson helped keep my students engaged! Great resource!"
- "Love the pictures and the slide designs."
- "FANTASTIC! all products from this seller are above average in quality."
- "This is a great visual resource for the Biodiversity unit. Thanks!!"
- "This is exactly what I was looking for. Thank you."
If you are interested in a really engaging and simple to use lab station activity to go along with your lesson, please CLICK HERE to learn more
The student version of the power point contains multiple blanks that need to be filled in throughout the lesson. These blanks are conveniently underlined and bolded on the teacher copy. I have found this to be the most effective means of keeping my students engaged and active without having them write everything out. This also leaves more time for discussion and activities.
**Please note that the ENTIRE UNIT including all PowerPoints, 2 Culminating Tasks and my Task Card Review Activity can be purchased for a steap discount by clicking here!
The individual Ecology Lessons can be found below:
Lesson 1 - The Spheres of the Earth
Lesson 2 - Ecosystems
Lesson 3 - Energy Flow In Ecosystems
Lesson 4 - Cycling of Matter In Ecosystems
Lesson 5 - Population Influences within Ecosystems
Lesson 6 - Ecological Succession
Lesson 7 - Biomass and Fossil Fuels
Lesson 8 - The Importance of Biodiversity
Lesson 9 - Invasive Species
You might also be interested in these assignments which can be found within the unit.
- Ecosystems Lab Experiment: Ecobottles Lab
Creative Story Assignment
- Water and Carbon Cycle Diagram Activity
- Human Impact on Ecosystems Assignment
Please view the Preview File to obtain a sense of my style, see how my power point lesson is structured and evaluate my work.
I also have a range assignments and lessons/units from other grade levels at my store. Please CLICK HERE to have a look around and don’t forget to follow if you like what you see.
Also, please visit my blog Teach With Fergy
for my thoughts on teaching, learning and everything in between.