The Importance of Biodiversity. This lesson package includes the lesson (student and teacher versions of the presentation), a Bill Nye video with a worksheet, answer key, and a student lesson handout as a document. The presentation is fun and applicable with FOUR videos embedded in the presentation.
Having both options allows you to use either without worrying about formatting issues as all the work has already been done for you. It safeguards you in case your department or school decides to go Google 100% and allows you as well as your students to access everything no matter where you are or what kind of equipment is being used.
Included in the lesson package is:
- Office and Google versions of all resource files
- The teacher version of the presentation
- The student version of the presentation
- A Bill Nye video and worksheet (with key)
- FOUR videos embedded into the presentation
- Student lesson handout
In order, the lesson covers:
- The need for biodiversity
- Vulnerable, Threatened, Extirpated, Endangered, and Extinct species
- Keystone species
- Species extinction and biodiversity
- Natural and human causes of extinction
***********This activity can also be found bundled at a significant discount in my Biodiversity - Complete 5E Lesson Bundle. If you'd like to take a look, please CLICK HERE.
- "Loved this! Thank you!"
- "This lesson helped keep my students engaged! Great resource!"
- "Love the pictures and the slide designs."
- "FANTASTIC! all products from this seller are above average in quality."
- "This is a great visual resource for the Biodiversity unit. Thanks!!"
- "This is exactly what I was looking for. Thank you."
- "This was a lifesaver in helping my students focus on the big
ideas after our classroom activities. Thank you!"
If you are interested in a really engaging and simple to use lab station activity to go along with your lesson, please CLICK HERE to learn more.
The student version of the presentation contains multiple blanks that need to be filled in throughout the lesson. These blanks are conveniently underlined and bolded on the teacher copy. I have found this to be the most effective means of keeping my students engaged and active without having them write everything out. This also leaves more time for discussion and activities.
The individual Ecology Lessons can be found below:
You might also be interested in these assignments which can be found within the unit.
Please view the Preview File to obtain a sense of my style, see how my power point lesson is structured and evaluate my work.
- "Wonderful information about biodiversity. My students loved the pictures."
- "I used this to present the information to for my students. It was wonderful and a time saver."
I also have a range assignments and lessons/units from other grade levels at my store.Please CLICK HERE to have a look around and don’t forget to follow if you like what you see.
Also, please visit my blog Teach With Fergy for my thoughts on teaching, learning and everything in between.