The Importance of Biodiversity. This package includes the lesson (student and teacher versions), a Bill Nye video with a worksheet, answer key, a student lesson handout, and a 4-question Exit Ticket. This resource is fun and applicable with FOUR videos embedded in the presentation.
Google Classroom and Exit Ticket
- This resource is perfect for in-class or distance learning and integrates seamlessly with Google Classroom. Included is a link that with one click, will automatically create a copy of the resources and put them directly into your Google Drive.
- Purchase --> Open --> Click --> Assign to your students
- On the last Google Slide is a link to a four-question Exit Ticket that you can give as homework or to conclude your lesson in class.
- This lesson includes both Google and Office versions for ALL resources. The presentation is in Google Slides and PowerPoint while all documents contain Word and Google Doc versions.
Having both options allows you to use either without worrying about formatting issues as all the work has already been done for you. It also allows you, as well as your students, to access everything no matter where you are or what kind of equipment is being used.
**Plus: Included with your purchase is a complimentary bonus activity which will extend your students learning and understanding**
Included in the Lesson Package is:
- Office and Google versions of all resource files
- The teacher version of the presentation
- The student version of the presentation
- A Bill Nye video and worksheet (with key)
- FOUR videos embedded into the presentation
- Student lesson handout
- 4-question Exit Ticket
In order, the Lesson Covers:
- The need for biodiversity
- Vulnerable, Threatened, Extirpated, Endangered, and Extinct species
- Keystone species
- Species extinction and biodiversity
- Natural and human causes of extinction
***********This activity can also be found bundled at a significant discount in my Biodiversity - Complete 5E Lesson Bundle. If you'd like to take a look, please CLICK HERE.
- "Loved this! Thank you!"
- "This lesson helped keep my students engaged! Great resource!"
- "Love the pictures and the slide designs."
- "FANTASTIC! all products from this seller are above average in quality."
- "This is a great visual resource for the Biodiversity unit. Thanks!!"
- "This is exactly what I was looking for. Thank you."
- "This was a lifesaver in helping my students focus on the big
ideas after our classroom activities. Thank you!"
If you are interested in a really engaging and simple to use lab station activity to go along with your lesson, please CLICK HERE to learn more.
Digital and Distance Learning:
This lesson is fully digital which makes it perfect for the classroom, distance learning, or as a sub-plan if needed. With a single click, the entire package will be imported into your Google Drive and will be ready to assign to your students or present in class. You can also place a copy of the resources directly into student Google Drive accounts for easy access.
Included in your package is an Exit Ticket which can be directly accessed from the last Google Slide. Additionally, your purchase will create a copy of the Google Form Exit Ticket which you can edit to meet your class needs.
The student version of the lesson contains multiple blanks that need to be filled in throughout. These blanks are conveniently underlined and bolded on the teacher copy. I have found this to be the most effective means of keeping my students engaged and active without having them write everything out. This also leaves more time for discussion and activities.
The Individual Ecology Lessons can be Found Below:
You might also be interested in these assignments which can be found within the unit:
Please view the Preview File to obtain a sense of my style, see how my lesson is structured, and evaluate my work.
I also have a range of assignments and lessons/units from other grade levels at my store. Please CLICK HERE to have a look around and don’t forget to follow if you like what you see.
Also, please visit my blog Teach With Fergy for my thoughts on teaching, learning, and everything in between.