Students will learn about the importance of plants to people and other living things, and about the harmful effects plants face and how to minimize these effects.
- recognize that people get energy from food and that they release this energy
- use drawings and descriptions to communicate the way a food chain/ food web works
- make conclusions about the sun’s energy as a food source for plants and make connections to animals and people in the environment
- design, plan, and construct a growing environment for plants
- make and record observations of the final product by comparing and sharing similarities, differences, and benefits of the design
Suggestions for differentiation are also included so that all students can be successful in the learning environment.