Share this magical tale with your third graders before the school year ends and get them hooked on the series for summer reading! The Indian in the Cupboard: CCSS-Aligned 4th Grade Novel Work
was one of my earliest products. I've now tailored this product for 3rd grade with a focus on vocabulary, parts of speech and simple sentence structure with an introduction to compound sentences with coordinating conjunctions. Practice in avoiding sentence fragments is also included.
This is not your typical novel study with comprehension questions and then empty space for the students to respond. This review guides the student through the grammar while reviewing the story. Examples from the story highlight the grammar the students will practice and stimulate discussion of the story.
Included in this unique product:
* Vocabulary: 80 words
* Grammar: 30 pages
- compound words
- simple and compound predicates,
- regular and irregular verbs in the simple past tense
- questions with WHAT, WHERE and WHY
- singular and plural possessive nouns,
- compound sentences with AND, BUT and SO
- dependent clauses with the subordinating conjunction BECAUSE
* Plurals & Possessives: This activity is also available to be purchased separately here
Download the free preview
to see a a detailed outline, a sample of the vocabulary words and a portion of the answer key. This novel study is divided into Chapters 1-2, 3-4, 5-8, 9-12 and 13-16.
All items are derived from the story and are original except where a page number is referenced.
Please keep in mind:
• Read through all of my product listings for this novel before purchasing. You want to choose the amount and type of review that is "just right" for your students.
• You can bookmark my store to be notified when I've added a new product. Look for the green star at the top and to the right on this page and click it to become a follower. The star is next to my store name: Grammar and Great Books
. When I add a new product, you will receive an e-mail with a link to its description. If you choose not to receive e-mails, simply go to My TpT
and click on My Favorite Sellers
. This is a list of the sellers you are following. You can turn off notification (from green to red).
Visit my blog for top-notch teaching tips. www.GrammarAndGreatBooks.blogspot.com