The Industrial Revolution is the 4th of 13 United & Divided units from the Primary Sources and Songs series.
Each unit contains:
1. An introduction to the historical event
2. Student lesson guide to map known and need-to-know information
3. An excerpted primary source comment on the event
4. An orchestrated song from the period with printed lyric
5. “In Your Own Words” comprehension check
6. Vocabulary worksheet—to increase historical vocabulary
7. Answer key—for vocabulary study
8. Mapping assignment—to place event in geographic context
9. Timeline Information—to place event in historical context
10. Non-fiction/fiction reading suggestions tied to the lesson
11. Suggestions for discussion, presentation, reports, projects, etc.
12. Listed Common Core Standards that the unit addresses
Primary Sources and Songs meets Common Core Standards in U.S. History through engaging first person accounts of major historical events coupled with an authentically orchestrated song of the period.
Songs can easily be dramatized and used for presentations and performances. A recording with orchestration only is included for performances.
Please take a tour of our store, Music to the Core, for additional engaging and powerful learning materials and don't forget to tell your friends and co-workers.