No prep--just print and teach!
The Inquisitor's Tale Or, The Three Magical Children and Their Dog, is the 2017 Newberry Honor Book written by Adam Gidwitz. It is a fascinating tale set in medieval France during The Inquisition. It is part history, part mystical, and fully engaging! The adventures and dangers of three unusual children will keep even reluctant readers involved.
My study includes
1. Guided reading questions for each chapter.
2. Background information of some unfamiliar concepts in the story.
3. Journal writing prompts divided by a group of chapters.
4. List of vocabulary words and definitions for each chapter.
5. Writing to Understand Vocabulary activity with an example.
6. A list of possible research topics (which are many!)
7. Analyzing the significance of text with an example.
8. Looking at irony and allusion.
9. Five (5) tests which are divided into separate pages of True and False, Matching, Multiple Choice, and Vocabulary. (You can use all of them together or only use the ones you want!)
10. Answer Key