PDF (Acrobat) Document File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
This 85-page ebook instructs new and existing coaches in approaches to coaching room setup, becoming comfortable in your role, visiting and providing feedback to teachers, organizing, and supporting teacher in so many different ways!
(This is also included in the Instructional Coaching Bundle!)
When I decided to accept the position as an instructional coach four years ago, I wasn't sure what my day would look like. I didn't really know how to set up my room for support services. And I was nervous about building a relationship with teachers on a new campus. Flash forward to four years later, and I've learned a few things!
In this ebook, I share information and tips that have been valuable to me as a coach. How to set instructional coaching goals, set up your space, and work with teachers with challenging personalities are just a few of the sections in this book.
Learn about planning useful professional development and a quality approach to mentoring teachers through coaching conversations, modeling, co-teaching, and debriefing. Read about how to deal with difficult emotions and situations. And discover the qualities that I find the most valuable in an instructional coach! Practical steps and pictures will help you get started off on the right foot in your coaching journey!
Table of Contents:
Preface: A Note on Coaching
- My thoughts on instructional coaching, from my own experience.
Deciding to be an instructional coach
- How do you know you're ready to be a coach? What are the paths people take to coaching?
Getting to know the role of an instructional coach
- What responsibilities do coaches have on a regular basis? What role do they play on the campus? What do instructional coaches do?
First steps in instructional coaching
- How do I get started? Read about the four first things you'll want to do to start the year.
Types of instructional support
- Supporting your teachers all year long is a tall order. What are the different types of coaching support, and when do they work best? How can I make coteaching and modeling work well for me and my teachers?
Working with individual teachers
- How do I work with a teacher who has invited my support? How do I work with a teacher who hasn't?
Facilitating long-term growth on your campus
- Supporting teachers' growth over time is important. How can I create opportunities for teachers to grow in their careers as professionals?
Instructional coaching challenges
- What are some of the mistakes coaches face? What do you do if you've already made them? How can they deal with the daily struggles of coaching?
and an appendix with printables to help you document classroom visits and plan professional development, as well as some great titles for coaches and book studies.
This product, once purchased, is able to be owned and used by one user. Additional users must purchase additional licenses.
You may also be interested in:
Instructional Coaching Binder: A MegaPack of Printables, Fillable Forms, and More Over 140 pages of useful tools for staying organized as an instructional coach.
Teaching Reading by Genre: A Teacher's Guide and Materials Tips, tools, printables, and lesson ideas for approaching year-long reading instruction through a genre study.
Reading Strategy MiniPacks: The Big Bundle A gradual release approach to direct strategy instruction. Take students through a think aloud, guided practice, and independent practice in important reading strategies.
Be sure to leave Feedback to earn TPT credits! For updates on new teaching products, follow my store!