"The Invention of Wings" by Sue Monk Kidd: A Study Guide is a comprehensive aid to reflective reading. Revised with additional introductory material
1. Teacher's introduction;
2. List of characters annotated in detail;
3. Original sections on setting, genre, themes and symbols;
4. Occasional commentary and guiding questions for each chapter (67 in all). The questions encourage readers to a deeper understanding of the background, themes, and characters of the text. NO ANSWERS ARE PROVIDED. Students must (and will) find their own answers. The questions are designed to stimulate thought, discussion and interpretation, not to test, and can be used for self-study, homework, group discussion in class, jigsaw groups, formal presentations, written answers, etc.;
5 Definitions of relevant literary terms;
6. Ideas for groupings for classroom discussion, feedback, and presentation;
7. Two graphic organizers (plot structure and character) for student annotation.