Using the book, "The Invisible Boy" by Trudy Ludwig, combine reading comprehension and social emotional learning for meaningful and engaging lessons.
Included are 13 reading comprehension/social-emotional learning lessons that hit a variety of Common Core standards, as well as teacher directions for each activity.
- Character Study: Brian, the invisible boy, and short response
- Role Model Character Study: Justin, the good friend
- Analyzing the story arc and short response
- Theme activity and short response
- Author's craft and short response
- Situation Role Play: how to be a good friend
- How To Be A Good Friend project
- Compare and Contrast Texts: using the song "Invisible" by Hunter Hayes
- Community Building: positive self-portrait
- Community Building: Pass the squiggle drawing activity
- Art Challenge: challenging Brian's creativity
- Teacher directions for every activity
Like this product? Try The Jelly Donut Difference Read Aloud & Social Emotional Learning Activities!