The Invisible String READ ALOUD STEM™ Valentines Day Activity
Also included in
- Connect Groundhog Day, Valentines Day, and Presidents Day to STEM and Literacy! Perfect for 1st Grade through 5th Grade STEM time and STEM Club. February STEM Activities and Challenges BUNDLE includes:Groundhog Gets a Say Groundhog Day Read Aloud STEM Activity: Groundhog Burrow ChallengeGroundhog WePrice $10.00Original Price $14.00Save $4.00
- Integrate STEM and Literacy in your classroom all year with READ ALOUD STEM Volume 2! Awaken imagination and creativity all year. Students learn coding, engineering, explore real world problems, learn about STEM role models, pioneers, inventors, and more! This collection of STEM Projects focuses onPrice $75.00Original Price $140.00Save $65.00
Create a Magnetic Maze in this amazing Valentine's Day READ ALOUD STEM™ Challenge for The Invisible String by Patrice Karst!
In this STEM Lesson, students design a Maze to connect 2 people using an invisible force, magnetism. They learn about how magnets work and use them to help their heart connect through the maze like an invisible string!
The Engineering Design Process:
Students plan, design, and execute their own ideas. After they have completed their activity, there is time for reflection on what worked and what didn't. They follow the six step Engineering Design Process: Ask, Imagine, Plan, Create, Experiment, Improve.
This Activity is the perfect companion to The Invisible String by Patrice Karst. Invisible forces are all around us connecting each of us to each other. One way to help visualize that idea is through science using the invisible force of magnetism.
After students complete the STEM Challenge, students write a letter to someone who is special to them. This can be used as an amazing Valentine's Day Gift.
Aligns with NGSS and Common Core.
- Teacher and Student Instructions (With Photo)
- Student Planning Pages
- Student Reflection Pages
- STEM Journal
- Vocabulary (Magnets, Attract, Repel)
- Writing Extension Activity
- NGSS and Common Core Standards
- TpT Digital Version for Distance Learning with Google Classroom
To use Easel for Distance Learning, select "Open in Easel" on this listing.
- Binder Clips or Paper Clips
- The Invisible String by Patrice Karst (Recommended)
Amazing resource for STEM club, STEM teachers, elementary librarians, parents who love hands-on learning, and elementary teachers who want to create a hands-on educational environment in their classroom!