*****Compressed Zip File******
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
**FREE FOR DOWNLOAD - Zipec, WinZip***
This product is an interactive booklet intended to be paired with the book The Jacket I Wear in the Snow, by Shirley Neitzel. I've often paired the original book with this interactive booklet as a supplement. I have also used the interactive booklet as a shorter version to the book, once it's been read. Here are other ideas or ways to use this booklet:
1. Identify and labeling vocabulary in a field of choice
2. Describing attributes of vocabulary (i.e. red scarf- wooly, red, itchy, warm)
3. Making comparisons between vocabulary
4. Story retell and sequencing
5. Improve sustained attention and participation during structured tasks
6. Auditory processing and comprehension to fill-in-the-blanks
7. Reading comprehension in sentences
This booklet has been wonderful to use with students with receptive language impairments because it shortens the book into key concepts at the sentence level. It has also been great because students are able to identify vocabulary by manipulating the pictures. I often use this with students who have autism or cognitive impairments. I'm sure it would be a great resource for the Pre-K and Kindergarten ages as well.
I hope you enjoy the booklet! Thanks so much for downloading this item.
The Picture Communication Symbols ©1981–2010 by Mayer-Johnson LLC. All Rights Reserved Worldwide. Used with permission.
Boardmaker™ is a trademark of Mayer-Johnson LLC.
2100 Wharton Street
Pittsburgh, PA 15203
Phone: 1 (800) 588-4548
Fax: 1 (866) 585-6260
Web site: www.mayer-johnson.com