The Jacket I Wear in the Snow by Shirley Neitzel is a classic children's book (sold separately, online or in stores) which follows a young girl's sledding trip gone awry. This no-prep literature unit is filled with six different follow-up activities and games to target listening, language and literacy! Following reading, engage your students in the following activities:
1. Printable Reader (featuring items in the book)
2. Bingo- Up to 5 players can play, listening for the descriptions of items featured in the story
3. Rhyme Sort- Sort pictures with like rhymes
4. Snowy Book Walk- A game to find items in the book matching given attributes and functions
5. Extension and Connection Writing- Students draw and write about what they wear in the snow. (Both girl and boy pages are included.)
6. Coloring Page
This book companion is so easy to use! All pages are in black and white. Just print and you're ready to go!
Not only will your students LOVE this cute story, they'll also have fun with these follow-up activities targeting language, listening and literacy!