The Jacket I Wear in the Snow Retelling Pack is intended to be used after reading the book by Shirley Neitzel. This pack will help with retelling and sequencing skills while having a whole lot of fun!
The Jacket I Wear in the Snow Retelling Pack: What’s Included
• Vocabulary Cards: Print on cardstock, laminate, and cut apart words or leave as a poster. Preview vocabulary from the story prior to reading and/or review vocabulary after reading the story. Place in writing center, pocket chart, or back with magnetic tape and use on magnetic board/cookie sheet.
• Story retelling cards: Print, laminate, and cut out. Give students a picture to hold during the story. When that student’s part is read he/she will hold up the picture. I added extra pictures to accommodate more student participation. Print off as many copies as needed. Print off two copies and play a memory type game. Also can be used with the cut and paste retelling activity to help little ones identify the picture needed.
• The Jacket I Wear in the Snow Choral Reading Card: Print as many copies as needed, laminate if you plan to keep from year to year. Give students a copy to read aloud in a group. Send home or keep from year to year
• Descriptive Words Matching Activity: Students match descriptive phrases from the book to the object described. Print, laminate, and cut apart cards. May also be used as a memory/concentration game.
• Story sequencing: Cut and glue pictures in order of the story.
• The Jacket I Wear in the Snow Essential Questions: Students can circle or color the correct answer.
• The Jacket I Wear in the Snow Emergent Reader: A simpler version of the story to encourage retelling by young readers.
Follow my store by clicking the green star and blog
to be notified when new products are posted!
New items are discounted 50% for the first 48 hours!