This can be used as a face-to-face lab or as a learning activity done online.
On completion of these learning activities the student should be able to:
- Describe the difference between human thought patterns and programming.
- Demonstrate how to check for syntax errors using tool built- into the browser.
- List the five naming conventions.
- Describe why the naming conventions are so important.
- Demonstrate the difference between a String and a variable.
- Describe why white space is important to a programmer.
This tutorial includes links to the video: Delia Hess' video Na cidade / In der Stadt http://vimeo.com/15022912
Multiple file formats included.
- Have your students view this activity on their iPads. Your downloaded zip file includes formats for PDF, ePub, and mobi (Kindle).
Articulate Storyline Bonus!
Use these Learning Activities as part of your Introduction to Programming courses.
*** CONTENTS ***
- Why won't my program run?
- Rule #1 - The computer is only a machine.
- No "filling-in-the-blanks"
- Be the machine.
- Shampoo - Lather - Rinse - Repeat
- Rule #2 - Validate your HTML code.
- Rule #4 Spelling matters.
- Naming Examples
- Rule #5 - No HTML inside the script elements
- Officer! Arrest that HTML code!
- Solution- Officer! Arrest that HTML code!
- You are a web page...
- Rule #8 - Strings Have "Quotes" - Variables Don't
- Is it a String or a variable?
- Solution - Is it a String or a variable?
- Rule #9 - If you start something you have to finish it.
- What is missing?
- Solution - What is missing?
- Rule #10 - What about white space?
This learning activity was written by Peter K. Johnson from Web Explorations, LLC. It is based on 14-years of teaching web development and programming languages for both online and face-to-face learners. Web Explorations
specializes in course development.