You can purchase my entire AP U.S. Government course which includes pacing, unit tests, and a 4-week review session prior to the AP exam here: AP U.S. Government Complete Course
I have worked at several schools in the past where I did not have the ability to check out books to students because I only had enough for a class set. Because of this, I created materials in which I wouldn't need my students to have a textbook at home to be prepared for any tests or quizzes that they received. The power points that I created are quite extensive and include guided notes and video that go along with them. The students do not write down every word from the presentation and can focus on listening and learning the material from the lecture. If you are the type of teacher who does not like the idea of guided lecture then this bundle is not for you. Everything I have created stems off of that. Additional items that I have posted can be used for notebook check assignments, which I usually have whenever I get to the end of a unit or homework.
I created this bundle for an AP U.S. Government class which I have been teaching for the last 6 years. This bundle was created to match the course redesign which is going into effect for the 2018-2019 school year. This bundle includes the following resources:
- An 120 slide (891 mb) power point that goes over the Judicial Branch and how it operates as an institution. I have included pictures and a bunch of video throughout the presentation.
- An 11 page guided note packet that goes along with the presentation. This includes a summary and key vocabulary terms that students need to know at the end. It dives into the structure of the court system in the United States at the federal level, judicial review, activism vs restraint, and major court cases. This section includes the fifteen major court cases that the College Board has included in their redesign of AP Government for the 2018-2019 school year.
- Warm-ups and suggestions. The warm-ups can be given at the start of class and the suggestions portions gives you ideas to incorporate your school computer lab into the unit with helpful websites and movies.
- Chapter research questions that I give as a homework assignment. This goes along with your school textbook but you will need to change the page numbers at the top.
- Federalist #78 One of the required documents the College Board has cited for the redesign. I have included questions at the bottom of the page so that you can turn it into an assignment if you choose.
- The BIG Cases assignment - This has the students research the cases that the College Board has deemed necessary for the AP exam and a few other ones that are historically relevant.
- The BIG Cases Quiz - A quiz on the big case assignment. I have included a key at the bottom of the document.
- Judicial overview assignment - This covers the structure of the court and presidential appointments that have been made over the years.
- A judicial branch quiz - 5 multiple choice questions, 5 fill-in-the blank, 5 true false, and a short essay question (key included). I have also included a make-up quiz for students who were absent that day.
That's everything! Thank you very much for considering this product. Cheers!
Please take a look at other bundles that I have created for AP U.S. Government:
Constitutional Underpinnings Bundle
Political Culture and Socialization Bundle
Interest Groups and Mass Media Bundle
Political Parties Bundle
Voting and Elections Bundle
The Legislative Branch Bundle
Economic Policy and the Budget Bundle
The Executive Branch and Federal Bureaucracy Bundle
Foreign and Military Policy Bundle
Civil Rights and Civil Liberties Bundle
Public Policy Bundle