Whether it’s election time or if you just want to enhance your study of government, this is the perfect book for your classroom. In this unit you will find activities that aligned the ELA Common Core Standards for 4th grade; however, the materials are adaptable for other grade levels as well.
Included in this unit:
• Cover for student packet
• Making Predictions (multiple copies for each student may be needed)
• Ask Questions (before, during after)
• Sequence of Events (multiple copies for each student may be needed)
• Story Map Organizer
• Somebody…Wanted…But…So…Then Summary Strategy
• Book Theme Organizer
• Point of View Organizer
• Four Character Trait Maps (Judson Moon, Lane Brainard, Chelsea Daniels, and June Syers)
• Compare and Contrast Lane and Judson Organizer
• Compare and Contrast Judson and Me Organizer
• Create a Campaign Sign Activity
• Comprehension Checks (includes questions for each chapter and answer key)
• The Kid Who Ran for President Game (includes game board, directions, game pieces, 20 question cards, answer sheet)
• Three Opinion Writing Prompts
• Two Different Paragraph Planning Sheets
• Presidential Stationery
• Additional Resources
• Political Parties Graphic Organizer
I hope your students love this book as my students do!
The Common Core Standards were developed and written by the NGA.
© Copyright 2010. National Governors Association Center for Best Practices and Council of Chief State School Officers. All rights reserved.