Also included in
- Character Education and Social Skills are essential in today's classroom whether it is virtual or in person. Our students need to be taught these skills daily in order to succeed in the classroom and out in the world. Included in this bundle are 4 Units to help you get started on this journey. Teach$7.80$10.00Save $2.20
Teach Kindness, create a bond, and Make Smiles Happen in The Kindness Project. Students often feel that they don't measure up. This kindness book is one that students keep for years and years and re-read it over and over again. It gives them purpose, shows that people care about them and it brings a smile to their face.
I catch students keeping this book in their backpack and looking at it over and over. Parents tell me that it sits on their night stand and they re-read it. This is perfect for the beginning of the year, mid-year grumpies and the end of the year send offs.
The idea behind this project is to give each student (or a few a day) a special day where the class recognizes them. Only them! The students feel incredibly special hearing all their classmates saying kind words and putting them into writing, all about them. The students make a special book for the student with words of kindness throughout.
The Kindness Project is designed to take about 15 minutes per day, the first few days might take a little longer. Each child is given two pieces of the book paper. On one paper they will write something kind about the person whose special day it is. It goes beyond, "I like Joseph because he is nice". The child is challenged to write "how" the person is nice. "Joseph is nice because he includes me in his soccer game."
The next sheet is for a picture. The papers are all put together into a book for the child. The special child of the day loves all the attention. Then the class will gather together and read the book. The way the child beams when they hear the kind words spoken about them, are moments every teacher wants to see. It is truly a special way to spread kindness.
- Variety of ready to print book pages in Color and Black & White
- Variety of Cover Pages that are black & white, color and EDITABLE
- Differentiated writing pages
- Step by Step Lesson Plans where I guide you through the process
- Tips for making it work in the classroom
"I love seeing students who keep it in their backpacks and sneak outside to re-read their book for the 100th time. What a self esteem booster!"- Buyer
Don’t forget that leaving feedback earns you points toward FREE TPT purchases. I love FEEDBACK!
As always, please contact me with any questions.
Thank you so much,
Special Treat Friday, Heather McKinsey