Speech and language story companion for a back to school favorite: The Kissing Hand. Packed with speech therapy activities for WH questions, Yes/No questions, concepts, categories, story sequencing, a fun minibook reader, a craftivity and much more, you will have your caseload covered this fall for the first week of school and more!
There is plenty of picture support for your young non-readers, and you'll find more challenging activities for older children too. Grab this pack and you will be able to use it for multiple goals and ages. Planning done!
This pack contains companion speech and language activities only. I am not affiliated with the author. The book is not included.
I will enter the first 15 people to leave feedback on this product in a drawing to win a freebie from Speech Sprouts! I will announce the random winner on my Facebook page when we reach 15 feedback comments. Be sure to follow Speech Sprouts on Facebook and click Notifications: All posts, so you don't miss the announcement. Can't wait!
Skills for younger children ages 3-6
• Body Parts Vocabulary
• Object Function
• Articulation /sk/, /sl/, /sm/, /sp/, /st/, /-ks/, /k/, /l/
• Wh Questions
• Yes/No questions
• Regular Plurals
• Category Sorting
• Story Sequencing
• Feelings Vocabulary: worried
• Forest Animal/Farm Animal Vocabulary
• School Supplies Vocabulary
• Size Vocabulary
• Sequence Vocabulary
• Articulation of S-blends, /k/
• Skills for older children ages 5-8
• Following 2 Element Directions
• Story Vocabulary
• Story Grammar: Write and Retell
• Naming Category Members
• Writing Sentences
• Articulation of Initial /l/, Advanced S-blends
• Reading- simple, repetitive text
Total of 58 Useable Pages
Use these activities after reading the story The Kissing Hand by Audrey Penn. The book is not included and should be purchased separately. I am not affiliated with the author.
• Chester, Chester, I Need a Kiss Quick! Interactive Reader for where questions and basic body parts vocabulary. Read the story and paste the hearts on the children. Where are the hearts?
• Scamper! An open-ended school-themed board game
• Chester’s School Supplies- category sort. School supplies or not?
• Back to School Matching printable or file folder game
• 2 Following Two-Element Directions: color/size: small, medium, large, color/position: first/middle/last
• Give a Kissing Hand Craftivity- Draw who you would give a kissing hand to. Color, cut and paste Chester to frame your paper.
• Chester Was Worried: Feelings. Draw a picture of something that you were worried about.
• Story Map: Characters, setting, beginning, middle and end
• Find the Same- School Objects dot marker page
• Find the Different Forest Animals dot marker page
• 2 Color It! Articulation Practice and Spinner Games for /sk/, /sl/, /sm/, /sp/, /st/, /-ks/, /k/, /l/, Mixed S-Blends, Mixed /k/
Cards and Puzzles
• 18 Category Sorting Cards: Forest animal/ Farm animal sorting with 2 mats
• 18 Naming Category Members Cards
• 18 Positions Concepts/ Where Cards: in/out, top/bottom, in front/behind
• 18 Wh Question Cards
• 18 Yes/No Question Cards
• 27 Object Function Cards
• 4 Minimal Pairs Puzzles /k/ 2 pages
• 4 Minimal Pairs Puzzles /sk/ 2 pages
• 18 Regular Plural -s Cards in a plurals puzzle
• 12 Word Wall Cards
• 12 Vocabulary Task Cards with Chester Writes Sentences. Writing with story vocabulary
• 4 Story Sequencing Cards with 2 levels of sequencing mats: Matching and independent sequencing
For even more speech therapy fun, you may like:
Wheels on The Bus Interactive Speech and Language Activities
Speech Therapy Multiple Meaning Words Hoot Owl Homonyms
Back To School Bingo Riddles
Freebies, Discounts and Credits? It’s so easy!
Look for the star near the top of any page within my store and click it to become a follower. Voila! You will now receive customized email updates about this store.
Follow me: on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram and my blog: www.speechsproutstherapy.com
How to get TPT credit to use on future purchases:
• Please go to your My Purchases
page (you may need to login). Beside each purchase you'll see a Provide Feedback
button. Simply click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product. I value your feedback greatly as it helps me determine which products are most valuable for your classroom or therapy room so I can create more for you. ☺