Be sure and click the PREVIEW to see sample pages of some of the goodies in the packet.
The Kissing Hand, by Audrey Penn, is one of my favorite back to school stories.
Inspired by this sweet tale of a little raccoon going off to school, with a kiss from his mom, I designed the “Where’s the Raccoon?” packet.
It’s filled with games, activities, & an emergent reader, which will help students understand spatial directions: on, off, in, out, behind, between, beside, left, right, above, below, over & under.
The packet includes:
* 2 “Where’s the Raccoon?” posters
* 13 - full-color, teacher direction cards featuring a tree. (Use as mini posters or large flashcards.)
* A “shapely apple” teacher’s poster, featuring 2D shapes.
* A teacher’s, large color copies, for an apple/tree “Where’s the Raccoon?” whiteboard game.
* Matching, smaller copies for students, in color & black and white, so they can play along. (Great for whole group assessing too).
* 13-mini word cards for games, writing & alphabetizing activities, plus whole group assessing.
* “Where’s the Raccoon?” Memory Match or “I Have; Who Has?” game. Make an extra set, cut in half and have students put them together in an independent puzzle center.
* 13 - pocket chart cards, with matching mini sets.
* Teacher’s large color copy of “Where’s the Raccoon?” emergent reader.
* Matching (4-on-a-page) black & white student copy.
* 1-page matching mini copy, to make Itty Bitty booklets.
* An alphabetical list of 33 simple prepositions your students will come across. (21 are on the Dolch word lists.)
* Matching bookmarks for your students.
* 2 “definition of a preposition” posters.
* Preposition Pokey song.
* Directions, tips & tricks.
This packet matches 3 other raccoon-themed, Kissing Hand - inspired packets. Buy the Kissing Hand BUNDLE & save!
I’m Diane from Teach With Me, hoping you find these spatial direction activities helpful.
Don’t forget that all my new products are 40% off for 48 hours. Click the green star button to follow my shop & you’ll be notified of these huge savings.