The Kissing Hand | Book Study Activities and Craftivity
What educators are saying
Also included in
- Welcome your students back to school with this bundle of Back to School book study literacy units they will LOVE! The units are packed with Common Core aligned activities and craftivities, for Kindergarten and First Grade.This bundle includes book study units for:The Kissing Hand by Audrey PennDavidPrice $17.20Original Price $28.00Save $10.80
- Welcome your students back to school with this bundle of Back to School book study literacy units they will LOVE! The units are packed with Common Core aligned activities for Kindergarten and First Grade. The craftivities make wonderful bulletin board displays to showcase learning.Each book study unPrice $21.60Original Price $35.00Save $13.40
- Help your students dig deep into their reading with this ENDLESS book study bundle of literacy units! The units are packed with Common Core aligned activities for Kindergarten and First Grade. The craftivities make wonderful bulletin board displays to showcase learning.Each book study unit can be usPrice $639.20Original Price $1148.00Save $508.80
This is a book study literacy unit for The Kissing Hand by Audrey Penn. The unit is packed with Common Core aligned activities for Kindergarten and First Grade. The craftivity makes a wonderful bulletin board display to showcase learning.
This book study unit can be used as a whole class activity, during small group guided reading time, as individual student work, or as part of a book club. Copy a pack for each student and you're ready to go!
The Kissing Hand story is a perfect way to begin the school year with your young learners!
THIS UNIT INCLUDES:
STORY ELEMENTS ACTIVITIES
- student booklet cover page
- story elements
- making predictions
- character traits
- character analysis
- character cards
- story retell
- can-have-are-need graphic organizers
MAKING CONNECTIONS ACTIVITIES
- making mental images
- opinion pages
- text to self connections
- If I Were a Raccoon...
- design a school for animals
- writing retell pages
- story writing prompt
- making words
- vocabulary word search
- syllable sorting
- word sorting
- ABC order
- problem & solution
- author's purpose
- main idea/theme
- fiction and non-fiction story elements
- true or false comprehension questions
- story response
- story notes
- learning standards lists (Common Core, TEKS, VA SOL)
MORE BACK TO SCHOOL BOOK STUDIES
Junie B Jones First Grader at Last
Howard B Wigglebottom Learns to Listen
Note: Leave feedback on my resource and you'll get $ off future purchases!
Permission by author for single classroom use only.
I love it when you share my products with your colleagues! Please do so legally, by purchasing additional licenses- they are available at a discounted price!
Uploading this product onto a platform for your own students to use during distance learning is permitted. In all other cases, uploading this product onto the internet (even to a personal/classroom website) is prohibited and is a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA).