Products in this Bundle (2)
Welcome preschool to 2nd grade back to school with these beginning of the year speech and language activities for a favorite storybook!
Teach Yes-No and WH questions, concepts, categories, story sequencing, plurals, following directions, object function, articulation, and more.
A multitude of activities will keep your students engaged with manipulatives, puzzles, cards and games, worksheets plus printables to make make a fun craftivity or mini-book reader to send home. You'll have your caseload covered this fall for the first week of school and more!
I've included plenty of picture support for your young non-readers, and you'll find more challenging activities for older children too. Grab this pack and you will be able to use it for multiple goals and ages. Planning...done!
This pack contains companion speech and language activities only. I am not affiliated with the author. The book is not included.
❤️ SKILLS TARGETED:
Skills for younger children ages 3-6
• Body Parts Vocabulary
• Object Function
• Articulation /sk/, /sl/, /sm/, /sp/, /st/, /-ks/, /k/, /l/
• Wh Questions
• Yes/No questions
• Regular Plurals
• Category Sorting
• Story Sequencing
• Feelings Vocabulary: worried
• Forest Animal/Farm Animal Vocabulary
• School Supplies Vocabulary
• Size Vocabulary
• Sequence Vocabulary
• Articulation of S-blends, /k/
Skills for older children ages 5-8
• Following 2 Element Directions
• Story Vocabulary
• Story Grammar: Write and Retell
• Naming Category Members
• Writing Sentences
• Articulation of Initial /l/, Advanced S-blends
• Reading- simple, repetitive text
➤CONTENTS: Total of 58 Useable Pages
Use these activities after reading the story The Kissing Hand by Audrey Penn. The book is not included and should be purchased separately. I am not affiliated with the author.
• Chester, Chester, I Need a Kiss Quick! Interactive Reader for where questions and basic body parts vocabulary. Read the story and paste the hearts on the children. Where are the hearts?
• Scamper! An open-ended school-themed board game
• Chester’s School Supplies- category sort. School supplies or not?
• Back to School Matching printable or file folder game
• 2 Following Two-Element Directions: color/size: small, medium, large, color/position: first/middle/last
• Give a Kissing Hand Craftivity- Draw who you would give a kissing hand to. Color, cut and paste Chester to frame your paper.
• Chester Was Worried: Feelings. Draw a picture of something that you were worried about.
• Story Map: Characters, setting, beginning, middle and end
• Find the Same- School Objects dot marker page
• Find the Different Forest Animals dot marker page
• 2 Color It! Articulation Practice and Spinner Games for /sk/, /sl/, /sm/, /sp/, /st/, /-ks/, /k/, /l/, Mixed S-Blends, Mixed /k/
Cards and Puzzles
• 18 Category Sorting Cards: Forest animal/ Farm animal sorting with 2 mats
• 18 Naming Category Members Cards
• 18 Positions Concepts/ Where Cards: in/out, top/bottom, in front/behind
• 18 Wh Question Cards
• 18 Yes/No Question Cards
• 27 Object Function Cards
• 4 Minimal Pairs Puzzles /k/ 2 pages
• 4 Minimal Pairs Puzzles /sk/ 2 pages
• 18 Regular Plural -s Cards in a plurals puzzle
• 12 Word Wall Cards
• 12 Vocabulary Task Cards with Chester Writes Sentences. Writing with story vocabulary
• 4 Story Sequencing Cards with 2 levels of sequencing mats: Matching and independent sequencing
For more speech therapy fun, you may like:
⭐⭐⭐ Be the first to know about my new discounts, freebies, and product launches:
Click Here to become a follower. Voila! You will now receive customized email updates about this store.
How to get TPT credit to use on future purchases:
• Please go to your My Purchases page (you may need to login). Beside each purchase, you'll see a Provide Feedback button. Simply click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product. I value your feedback greatly as it helps me determine which products are most valuable for your classroom so I can create more for you. ☺