Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
This is a highly-engaging resource that will guide students through the more difficult concepts of a complex novel. Introductory handouts have been designed to reach all learners, and to promote discussion amongst your students. The structure of the comprehension questions for chapters will keep your students' interest, as well as be engaging for the teacher to later assess.
The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini is a beautifully-written novel that teaches students about the plight of emigrant Afghans during the Taliban rise to power and how one boy finds redemption from his own haunted past.
If you are looking to teach a cultural novel in your own classroom that will expand your students' understanding of the world, teach them empathy and tolerance of other cultures, as well as engage student interest on a new level, this resource is for your classroom.
Included with this resource:
- Directions of Use
- Background on Author Handout
- What is Kite Running? Handout
- Geography Handout
- Ethnic Groups Handout
- Taliban Timeline Handout
- Effects of Taliban Handout
- Women’s Rights Handout
- Human Rights (General) Worksheet
- Human Rights (Advanced) Worksheet
- Human Rights (Teacher Resource)
- Family Tree Worksheet
- Chapters 1-5 Comprehension Questions (Two Pages)
- Chapters 6-9 Comprehension Questions (Two Pages)
- Chapters 10-14 Comprehension Questions (Two Pages)
- Chapters 15-20 Comprehension Questions (Two Pages)
- Chapters 21-25 Comprehension Questions (Two Pages)
- Comprehensive Final Exam (Multiple Choice, Short Answer and Extended Response)
- Answer Key for All