The Koala Who Could
This resource pack includes a variety of resources that cater to many levels of ability. Included are ____ pages of tasks specifically related to the picture book The Koala Who Could. These include:
- The Koala Who Could display board title
- 24 flashcards of key words to help with writing and spelling
- 3 x Feelings- Role on the wall prompts- when Kevin is scared we see it…frame to label role on the wall- e.g. scared could be shaking, his tummy might have butterflies)
- 2 x word mat to support writing.
- Pre Reading Predictions
- 3 x Examining Photographs (See, Think, Wonder strategy)
- Character profile of Kevin
- Making Connections Task
- Inferring questions
- Compare and Contrast (Koala and Wombat)
- 2x Summarising task (SWBTS and First, then, next)
- Past and Present Tense Verbs sort (-ed words linked to the story)
- Writing- What Kevin Did Next. Planning frame and writing frame.
- In this class we are can do Kevins poster.
- My can-do mindset- sticky notes activity
- I can do… affirmations and celebrating persistence task
- Before and After- drawing and labelling Kevin’s feelings while in the tree, and once he had made the move.