The Korean War – The Forgotten War Bundle
“Was the Korean War successful?”
The following worksheet is a 75-90 minute lesson on the Korean War. The worksheet covers the following topics:
• Duck and Cover – response to fears of an atomic attack
• Invasion of South Korea by the North
• The Korean War
• Firing of MacArthur
A variety of activities are included in the worksheet as well:
• Video: Duck and Cover (link included) – students love this video!
• Value Line Activity – US commitment to fighting communism
• Partner Activity – How should Truman respond to the invasion of South Korea?
• Respond to MacArthur activity – As President Truman, write a brief letter to MacArthur responding to his critical comments.
• Primary and secondary source readings.
• 20 comprehension and critical thinking questions (properly scaffolded)!
• Endless opportunities for discussion!
This bundle also includes a 10-slide PowerPoint presentation including the aim question, maps, a political cartoon, and period photographs.
Also available, an extension assignment on the conflict between Truman and MacArthur
The Korean War - Truman vs. MacArthur Documents - US History/APUSH
This product can easily be modified to fit a longer or shorter class period. Feel free to contact me with any questions or concerns, no matter how small. I want you to be totally clear on what you are getting when you purchase from my store.
Please follow me to receive notifications about newly uploaded products. Please rate this product after purchase! Thank you so much!