Learning the L blends can be fun with this L Sisters Blends Unit. The L Sisters - Sloane, Blair, Gloria, Clara, Florence and Pluma will bring the blends to life and help your students connect to the blends.
THE UNIT INCLUDES:
• Color and B/W anchor charts about each L Sister:
I print and laminate the color versions of each L Sister to introduce the character. I give students the black and white version to take home and color.
• 10 page readers about each sisters that include a variety of words that use the blend:
I read the book with my students and use highlighters to find all the blends. Then, students can color the book.
• Mini-Book for each blend:
Students can color the picture, trace the word, and color the blend.
• Follow-up worksheets focusing on word building.
• Follow-up worksheets focusing on differentiating between the blend and the letter (i.e. fl
• Worksheet to list blends:
I use this paper to list blends we found in the readers.
• Sound sort cut & paste:
This worksheet helps students distinguish between the 6 blends
• Color picture cards to be sorted:
I use these cards as a sound sorting literacy center.
• Fill in the blank color picture cards:
I also use these cards in a literacy center. Students use foam letters to fill in the missing blend
Check out the preview for more details!
Check out other members of the Blend and Digraph family!
The H Brothers: An H Digraph Unit
The R Cousins: An R Blends Unit
Save $3 and purchase the bundle!
The Digraph and Blend Family BUNDLE