This is a three page work sheet I created to be used with The Gateway to U.S History for Florida's EOC Test book. It covers pages pages 83-90 and deals with
- Criticism of industrial-capitalism in the 19th century
- The three main purposes of unions
- The Knights of Labor
- The American Federation of Labor
- Samuel Gompers
- Tactics of labor & management such as picket lines, strikes, strike-breakers, strike
fund, lockout, yellow dog contracts, blacklisting, and the Pinkertons
- why government favored management over unions
- THE HAYMARKET RIOT (1886)
- THE HOMESTEAD STRIKE
- THE PULLMAN STRIKE (1894)
- Eugene Debs
There is an additional graphic organizer to be used to Compare the three ideologies of CAPITALISM, SOCIAL DARWINISM & COMMUNISM in which students lists famous people from each ideology and their important ideas.
This should take around three 45 minute class sections to complete, depending on reading levels.
It is an editable WORD document.