Students will enjoy and learn from the themes
of this touching short story
of a woman in mourning and the lessons she learns about dealing with grief.
Your 13-page printable
study guide includes
• introductory and background information
• pre-reading questions
• relevant vocabulary
• the complete text
of “The Lady in Black”
• comprehension/discussion questions
for individual, classroom or literature circle use
• a vocabulary test
• a selection test
• answer keys
This story is suitable for upper elementary, junior high, middle school, high school, and homeschool classes
. Created by Susan Thurman.
To learn about new Class Act products, discounts, and freebies
, just follow me
. Find my picture at the top right of any page in my store. To the right of the picture is a star with “Follow Me”
beside it. Click on the star, and I’ll send you customized updates about this store.
Earning TPT Credits
• Do you want credit for future TPT purchases
? Just provide feedback for items you purchase. Click on the “provide feedback”
button next to your purchases, rate
the product, and leave a short comment.
(You need to do both
to earn credits.)
You receive 1 TPT credit
for each dollar you spend, and you can spend it just like cash
on future Teachers Pay Teachers purchases.
Here are other Class Act Press products you and your students might enjoy:
• FREEBIE!!! An Idiom by Any Other Name
• On Second Thought: Looking at Phrases That Use "Second"
• Tips of the Slung: A Humorous Look at Spoonerisms
• Amusing Adverbs: Fun with Tom Swifties