This file includes four activities for the short story "The Lady or the Tiger" by Frank Stockton. These activities will provide an anticipatory set, assess comprehension, lead into two possible writing activities, and study grammar in context.
Included in this short story packet for "The Lady or the Tiger":
* A complete lesson plan to walk the teacher through the process.
* The anticipatory questions along with an article to help students connect the story to their lives.
* A reading quiz - five questions. The quiz has 5 multiple questions (each one has three possible answers) focusing on comprehension. Answer key included.
* A mentor sentence activity. This covers ten sentences from the story for students to identify as simple, compound, complex, or compound-complex sentences. The activity is scaffolded: students will identify phrases, then subordinating conjunctions/ relative pronouns, and then the type of sentence. Answer key included.
* A list of literary devices and their examples from the story.
These activities are pictured in the thumbnail.
Suggestions for teaching "The Lady or the Tiger" are outlined in a 2-page lesson plan. This takes me a full two days to teach.
Other short story guides in my store:
The Monkey's Paw