This project was designed for a Government Honors class. It was used as a project based assessment for our lesson's eight objectives (see below.) This project asks them to assume the role of a leader establishing a sovereign nation. Their poster is a visual representation of applied knowledge of their eight objectives.
Those objectives are as follows:
1. Define government and the basic powers every government holds.
2. Describe four defining characteristics of a state.
3. Identify four theories that attempt to explain the origin of the state.
4. Understand the purpose of government in the United States and other countries.
5. Classify governments according to three sets of characteristics.
6. Define systems of government based on who can participate.
7. Identify different ways that power can be distributed, geographically, within a state.
8. Describe a government by the distribution of power between the executive branch and legislative branch.