The Laughing Princess by Roderick Hunt
A free Oxford Owl ebook (great for Interactive Whiteboards or for tablets).
Read the book daily for a week and complete an activity a day - oh so simple!
1. Sequencing – students cut out key story events and glue in order. Make it easier for younger/remedial students by reducing the amount of story events.
2. Sequencing/Mini Story Map – 3 choices…. students draw key story events OR students write and draw key story events OR students cut out key events and glue onto map, then draw.
3. Multiple Choice Comprehension
4. True or False – comprehension
5. Writing – students can create their own ‘notice’ for the king.
6. Word Work – contractions and word building
7. Cloze activity – comprehension
8. Bumper word search
9. Suggestions for other activities
8. Writing Template – two choices. First is a template for writing a joke that might make the Princess laugh. The 2nd template is for writing/brainstorming ideas that might make the princess laugh (being tickled, told a joke etc).
All activities were created with Year/Grade 2 in mind!
Prefer a different font? Just ask.. if I can, I will!