This short, 25 minute movie is great for a quick, no-prep Halloween activity. Although it is a cartoon there are high-level descriptive vocabulary words throughout. Challenge your students to come up with a creative ending to the story and describe what happened to Ichabod. This can also make a great substitute no-prep lesson since it is unrated and certainly appropriate for all audiences.
Note: This film can be found on some streaming video sites as of October 2017. Simply search the title and you can find a full length version of the film.
Check the preview file for high resolution sample questions to see if this movie guide is suitable for your students. This resource consists of 6 high-level, short answer reflection and essay questions that will do more than just ask your students to regurgitate information.
An answer key is not included as many questions are open-ended and encourage students to analyze the film. Many answers will not fit into a 'box'. Students are encouraged to construct their own meaning from the characters' dialogue and behavior.
This product includes:
- A student movie guide, PDF print version (2 pages)
- TPT DIGITAL ACTIVITIES version
★You're In Good Hands★
Although this movie guide doesn't have many ratings yet, please don't be overly concerned as it was posted more recently than my other resources. Please visit MY STORE to see over 3,000 ratings with a perfect ★★★★★ average.
General Tips for Using this Movie Guide:
- Print one, double-sided movie guide for each student
- Preview the next question on the movie guide as you complete each one, this can help students pay attention to important upcoming events.
- Pause at the times designated on the movie guide, encourage students to debate, discuss and talk about their ideas before writing their answers.
- Discourage students from simply copying answers.
- Randomly choose a student to share their answer and defend it if necessary.
- If time allows, feel free to rewind and show important parts of the movie again for additional analysis.
- After completing the short answers, allow 5-10 minutes for each essay question at the end of the film.
- On average, this movie guide will require about 45-60 minutes in addition to the length of the movie.
Get Free Money with TPT Credits!
- Leave Feedback for this product and earn TPT credits
- 20 Credits = $1 OFF any TPT purchase
FREE Movie Guides & Resources:
Get a feel for my work and see if this resource is right for you. I ask questions that require students to 'live' on the higher levels of Bloom's taxonomy.
- Free Onward Movie Guide (PG - 2020)
- Free Trolls World Tour Movie Guide (PG - 2020)
- Free Kung Fu Panda 3 Movie Guide (PG - 2016)
- Free The Lightning Thief Movie Guide (PG - 2010)
- Free Home Alone 2 Movie Guide (PG - 1992)
- Free! Story Elements Worksheet
- Free! Character Analysis & Comparison
Your feedback, ratings, likes and follows are appreciated:
- TpT Store - TeacherTravis
- Pinterest - TeacherTravis
- Instagram - Teachers Travis
- Facebook - K12MovieGuides
- Twitter - K12MovieGuides
- Blog & Website - K12MovieGuides
See my movie guides below, by category, or search for one at my TPT STORE