This unit covers the short story "The Legend of Sleepy Hollow" by Washington Irving. It includes:
*comprehension/discussion questions for the students as a class, literature circle, or individual to answer
* a quick journal prompt, bubble map, and a worksheet students can fill out while they watch the movie.
*a story cube is included as a fun and quick way to review the elements of literature.
* a persuasive essay prompt relating to the story and movie
* an essay
* an elements of literature quiz
* a creative writing activity
* elements of literature visual organizer and Venn Diagram
* vocabulary activities with synonyms and writing sentences
If you see short stories in my store that you would also like to bundle, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org and I can build a packet of 5 stories for $10 to meet your classroom needs.
Before rating, please contact me at email@example.com if you find an error and I will quickly fix and resend the product to you.
Check out our blog about school improvement strategies!
Please download my featured FREE product at http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Middle-School-SAT-List-1-Vocabulary-Unit-and-PowerPoint-Lecture-1-of-10
If you are extremely dissatisfied with a product please contact me so I can attempt to correct the situation. I do not offer refunds on electronic products but will offer a replacement item in some cases. I want you to be happy so you'll be a return customer.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License